Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I've never really considered myself an athlete, so when my doctor told me I was slightly above weight, I knew I was in for a world of hurt. I wasn't given the option to start my exercise regimen after New Years so I started running.

I did some research online about proper running techniques after a nasty pair of shin splints but to my surprise I found out so much more. Running's benefits are more than just a toned body.

http://www.runnersworld.com/health/6-ways-running-improves-your-health

I've felt better physically and emotionally since I started running and now I know why! Apparently the feeling known as "runner's high" is a rush of feel-good hormones. Huh, not the traditional way of getting high but I guess it works.

Benefits also extend to concentration, a huge plus to those like me who have to live in an office all day. You know what... after writing this post I'm feeling a bit motivated. Time to go jog the neighborhood, I'll see you all later!
Free Hit Counter